Oarsman Scout Badge Khaki Woven and Bound 1934 to 1967
The Oarsman was worn on the Right arm in between the shoulder and elbow.
A scout could not gain any more than 6 proficiency badges before gaining a First Class scout badge.
To earn this badge a scout must do the following *
(1) Manage a dinghy or similar craft in response to orders which shall include sculling over the stern, anchoring, brining alongside and making fast.
(2) Be able to pull an oar as a member of a boat’s crew.
(3) Know the right way to load a boat with either stores or personnel and how to trim her correctly.
(4) Be able to throw a 40-foot line from a boat.
(5) Know the safety rules applicable to boating.
*The Requirements for each badge varied through issues of POR