Mechanic Scout Badge Blue Woven and Bound 1934 to 1947
The Mechanic Badge was worn on right arm in between the shoulder and elbow.
To earn this badge a scout must do the following*
Have a thorough knowledge of:
(1) Oil and/or grease chassis points, attend to oil level and gear box and back axle, and top up battery.
(2) Adjust brakes.
(3) Dismantle, clean, re-assemble and adjust carburetter.
(4) Remove and replace inner tube and tyre cover and mend puncture.
(5) Check ignition timing, clean and test sparking plugs.
(6) File a. nut to ?t a size lower spanner.
*The Requirements for each badge varied through issues of POR.